Throughout History the event of an eclipse has been known to be a mysterious event that many civilizations theorized the meaning behind. This coming eclipse may be some people's last chance to witness an eclipse this lifetime, the last eclipse was nearly 40 years ago and could only be seen from a few states. In Asian cultures, an eclipse marks a time when the veil that separates us from the spirit realm vanishes and spirits are able to more easily access or contact us. In Astrology eclipses have always marked time of great change or have been omens of impending doom. IF you are into Astrology this can be an exciting time to recalibrate and be aware of how this eclipse may bring about change to your life. I am a Leo myself, and my birthday actually falls on the 22nd, the day after the eclipse, So with promises of change I thought it was important to get centered and direct that change to something positive. With so much power and potential promised in this coming eclipse, I invite you to do the same and set intentions for positive changes in your own life.
1. Time to Take stock of your life
Have you ever moved from one state to another and realized just how much CRAP you have accumulated over the year? In astrology the eclipse marks a time of change and renewal; for many it means entering a new chapter in their life and taking stock of what needs to go with them and what needs to be left behind. Take this opportunity to really take stock of what you have in your life that enriches your life and what is holding you down from moving forward. Answer the following questions honestly.
- Are there relationships that cause you anxiety or feel like a burden? Do they enrich your life in a significant way?
- Are there habits that you have accumulated that are holding you back from living more fully?
- Do you feel fully satisfied in your job and how you show up in the world? Do you get joy from what you do?
- What do you want to GAIN in your life? What changes do you want to see?
- Now that you have taken stock, what can you let go in your life to open up room for things to come?
2. Face old ghosts and shed negativity
In Asian cultures, the eclipse has the potential to be quite dangerous as ghosts are more likely to enter our world as the veil between us and the spirit realm vanishes. Now I don’t know about ALL that, but what can be taken from this is a time to really face those emotional ghosts that have been pushed aside or repressed. Repressed emotions can dramatically affect our health in ways I can’t explain in just one blog post, but they do manifest in many unhealthy ways in our relationships, habits, and our subconscious. If we are going to step into a greater chapter in our lives its important to cleanse of negativity and face those tough emotions. Don’t worry! Facing these emotions Doesn’t mean falling into a depression, it just means that you are holding space to confront what you are feeling, fully embrace them so that they can finally DISSIPATE. Here are a few action steps to help you get there:
- What event or emotions have you been resisting to the point that you have developed a bad habit? Like over eating, drinking, smoking or any habit to help NUMB you out?
- Has there been a recent traumatic event that you have been avoiding dealing with and pushing aside with a busy schedule?
- Write out anything you can think of that you have resisted facing this year and BE HONEST with yourself.
- Create space to deal with these emotions, set aside a time to yourself where you can ride these emotional waves.
- When you are in safe and held space, write out or talk about these events and feelings and give into them. If you feel like crying, CRY! If you feel like screaming, SCREAM, don’t resist them and don’t run away, simply give into them.
- Afterword, you may feel like a huge weight has been lifted and a surprising calm has taken over. Take notice of this and with a prayer of gratitude let those old emotions go.
3. Use the energy to Propel forward
After you have taken stock and cleansed emotionally, now is the time to really revitalize and channel all that potential energy into something positive into your life. If you have successfully followed steps 1 and 2 you should be feeling pretty dang light and airy! There may be a sense of calm and stillness that wasn’t there before. Now is a great time to really tune into that feeling and indulge in some self care and spiritual practices. Through self care you are communicating to yourself and to the universe that you are worthy and you value yourself. Spiritual practices help to you to re-center and reconnect to something greater so that you are open and willing for the changes to come. You can also take this time to set intentions for what you would like to see manifest in your life. Here are some suggestions to get you started!
- Treat yourself! Draw a long luxurious bath, take a spa day, or indulge in a nice meal at a restaurant. Give some love to yourself! You deserve it.
- If you have some spiritual practices, really indulge in practicing more than usual. Meditate longer, go to yoga more, write in your journal more often, go to an extra church service. Be mindful and really enjoy these practices and notice how after each one you feel a little more centered.
- Set your intentions by creating a vision board, with pictures of all the things you would like to manifest, then hide it away and trust that in the right time, those things will come.
I CHALLENGE you to follow the steps and do this FOR YOURSELF, and I am SURE your will come out feeling rejuvenated and refreshed! You are welcome to share your experiences with eclipses in the comments below! HAPPY ECLIPSE!